- To view Hillsdale Dress Regulations, click here.
- The voucher system is employed for all club services.
- CASH TRANSACTIONS AND TIPPING OF ALL EMPLOYEES INCLUDING CADDIES ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
- NO MEMBER MAY PERSONALLY REPRIMAND ANY EMPLOYEE. Complaints pertaining to employees are to be made in writing directly to the office.
- The Club and its staff shall not be responsible to members, their families or guests for the loss, theft or damage to personal effects or golf equipment. Members are asked to carry their own insurance to cover possible loss.
- Members will be held responsible for damages to Club property.
- The use of wireless devices in telephone mode is not permitted anywhere on club property.
- Strollers and baby carriages are not permitted in the Clubhouse or locker rooms.
- Pets are not permitted on club property.
- Should a Club Official find it necessary to draw attention to a member's infringement of a rule, such member shall at once conform to the rule. Refusal to do so shall be reported to the Grievance and Rules Enforcement Committee.
Members are PERMITTED to speak on their cellular telephones in the following areas only:* On the golf course;* In the Men’s and Ladies’ locker rooms;* In the pool area;* In the parking lot.Members may NOT speak on their cellular telephones anywhere else on Club property.Cellular phones must be in “silent” or “vibrate” mode at all timesCellular phone privileges may be revoked if they are not used respectfully, or if they slow pace of play on the golf course
Pace of Play
- If a group fails to keep its pace on the course (including tournament matches), the Marshal may ask the players to speed up play.
- If the Marshal has to intervene a second time, the players must pick up their balls and advance to the next hole. This has been adapted in Section 1 of the Rules of Golf and thus is not a matter of courtesy, but is mandatory.
- In the event that a group is waved through by players in front, that group has the obligation to play through without delay.
- Players should play “ready-to-hit golf”, putt continuously when possible and use electric carts properly.
General Golf Rules
- Playing in more than foursomes is prohibited.
- Practicing to and on regular greens is prohibited.
- Under no circumstances shall any player “cut in” on any hole.
- No golfer shall play until the match ahead is out of range.
- Bunker rakes should be left OUTSIDE the bunker.
- Players should replace all divots, repair ball marks on greens and repair tee areas.
Club Property Including Clubhouse
All members and their guests are required to conform to dress regulations on club property and in the Clubhouse outlined below.
- Men are required to remove their hats and visors in the Grill Room, Dining Room and lounges.
- Jeans that are not unsightly may be worn in the Clubhouse.
- Shirts and shoes must be worn everywhere, except in the pool area or locker room.
- Dining attire is specific to the event.
- There shall be no exposed bathing attire, except in the pool area.
Golf Course and All Practice Areas
All members and their guests are required to conform to dress regulations for the golf course, driving range and all practice areas outlined below. We ask at all times that discretion and good sense govern in order to avoid embarrassment. Members are asked to inform their guests of the dress regulations before they arrive at the club.
- Polo collars or visible mock neck golf shirts with sleeves are acceptable.
- All shirts must be tucked into pants.
- Bermuda shorts (no more than 3 inches above the knee) are permitted.
- Socks must be worn at all times.
- Denim, coloured jeans or jean shorts, jogging suits, sweat pants, rugby pants, cargo pants or shorts (multi pocketed), tennis shorts, sleeveless tops, T-shirts and tank tops are not permitted.
- Garments or hats containing advertising words or logos are not permitted with the exception of charitable institutions, golf clubs and golf related insignias.
- All golf caps must be worn with the peaks facing forward.
- Slacks and skirts are permitted.
- Golf shorts must be of an appropriate length.
- Socks must be worn at all times.
- Warm up suits and proper rain attire are also allowed.
- All shirts must be tucked in or must be two inches below the waistline if worn outside.
- Any sleeveless shirt must have a collar.
- Any collarless shirt must have sleeves, with the exception of a high, round neckline shirt, which can be sleeveless.
- All golf caps must be worn with peaks facing forward.
- Tank tops, strapless tops, tennis length shorts, short shorts, leggings, bicycle shorts, tights or mini skirts, jogging suits, sweat pants, blue denim jeans or rugby pants are not permitted.
- Garments or hats containing advertising words or logos are not permitted with the exception of charitable institutions, golf